Sunday, February 23, 2014

Going To Meet Douglas


I had signed up for a hearing dog through the International Hearing Dog Inc. Since I can't hear things with my hearing aids off, it would help to notify me of things that make noises. It's a big help when I am home alone. If the smoke alarm goes off, phone rings, doorbell rings, and so on, the dog will notify me of those sounds. After I filled out the applications, I was approved to get a dog. The agency put me on a waiting list.

Last week, I received a picture of a dog they thought would be good for me. He looked absolutely adorable. And of course, I told them that's the dog I want. The hearing dog agency sent me a list of things I have to get before the dog arrives. So now I looking forward to meeting Douglas. I can't wait. It will be a big change to have a hearing dog in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, that's wonderful Susana. I really hope you both get on well as dogs can be great companions too. All the best and give Douglas a great big hug from me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I will. And I can't wait till he comes down from Colorado. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    It looks great! I think you must have a pet hair vacuum. I've got 2 bigger dogs living with us.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments: